BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The 7 Day Hiatus of The Poet

It's been a week
7 cold days
Since I last laid
Pen to paper
Since I last thought
Everything was alright
I tried and tried
And tried again
To write something heartfelt
Something real
Sadly I could not
My muse
She was playful
Yet my spirit was broken
You said goodbye
7 days ago
You hated me
7 days ago
I started a new
7 days ago
I hated me
7 days ago
And now I write
Part two
7 days later
I know I've hurt you
But regret it
I do not
Live and let live
Look back
I cannot
For now I write about three
I wanted she, truly I did
But I needed she, and still I do
She was everything I am
Yet she was my opposite
With her I am free
With her I am clean
She would let me be
She would make me see
She is a fairy
Happy and free
She is a rose
Protected and wild
If another had known them well
Maybe I would have never seen
And I am a puppy
Without a home
You taken me in
Fed me
Kept me warm
Taught me things
That will help me grow
I still feel like
I didn't deserve either
Of their kindness
For both there trust
I betrayed
Two sisters caught in a web
One broken
The other damage
Neither of us the same
And even though
This chapter will end
The story will be written
To be continued my friends

0 comments: