BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 30, 2012

Case 19


Make my house your inn,
Not your residents.

Words spoken by,
A man much older,
And much wiser than I.

I wanted to ask him,
Ask him many questions,
But alas I didn't see him again.

I should of heeded his warning,
And maybe this would be,
....different,
Very different,
But this is like everything else
A monument to my failures.

Nevertheless I press on,
Onto her,
For the sake of privacy,
I'll assign her a number, 19.

That's when I met her,
Age 19, figure is something else,
Herself esteem was low,
Her pride was high,
Sadly I wasn't.

Maybe if I was,
This would be different,
....... very different.

We dated,
We fell in love,
Days turns to weeks,
Weeks turns to months,
But not months to years.

A year later I hear those words,
"Make my house your inn,
Not your residents."
It was too late,
The questions I wanted to ask are simple.

What to do if you let someone in?
Someone who you can't live without?
A person with the power to destroy,
Every wall you built?
He probably couldn't answer me.

I let my guard down,
I fell for the dream,
19 really did a number on me.

I became a monster,
Lashing out at everything,
Falling back into depression,
19 fucked me up,
I couldn't help but smile,
And would reject all help,
All outside compassion.

I hated what I've become,
I'm the asshole you see today,
I hide behind bass kicks,
And very vicious lyrics,
Headphones always on.

I drink and smoke,
Unlike the dapper Mr. Smith,
Straight-edge isn't my scene,
And I'm still in that arms race,
Still raging against the machines.

Stacking false smiles,
On falser emotions,
To keep the falsest people happy,
I do not know,
Which life I'm living,
Or if I'm alive,
If this is a bad dream,
Please end it now.

All the thoughts in my head,
Said die now,
But alas I am afraid,
Of death and many other things,
Like cats, I'll never show it,
Or admit it outside of this form.

If you are unfortunate enough to read this,
I truly am sorry,
This is the only way I release anymore,
Its healthy, and more additive,
Again I use sadly,
......but sadly this is all I have left, that isn't designed to melt faces.

0 comments: